Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday Five -- Tracy Bilen

Today's interview features Tracy Bilen, author of WHAT SHE LEFT BEHIND, published by Simon Pulse in May. She has traveled Europe, studied at the Sorbonne and shares my love of quiet trips through a winter forest (she cross-country skis, I snowshoe!)


THE FIVE:

1.  What single thing would improve the quality of your life?



A transporter. From Star Trek. Because I love to travel but hate getting there. Airplanes make me sick, so just thinking about taking a plane anywhere spoils the fun.

2.  What is your favorite word?


Plethora. Because it’s the first fancy word I ever learned. I don’t ever say it out loud, but I THINK it a lot.

3.  What word do you like the least?


Purchase. O.K., so there’s a lot of other words I don’t like, but this is one that my husband says all the time and to me it just sounds way too formal. I like buy. Not purchase. BUY.

4.  What other profession would you like to learn?


I’ve thought optometry would be cool (I like the part where they ask, “Is it better one or better two?”)
When I was a kid I definitely wanted to be a vet. I had a building design in mind and check-in procedures all set up. But the second I smelled formaldehyde in high school it was all over.
And I’d really LOVE to learn to paint. But I have absolutely no patience for it. ZERO. That and I’m horrible at it.

5.  What profession would you never, ever want to have?


Anything that involves the smell of cleaners or working in a bathroom.

ABOUT WHAT SHE LEFT BEHIND:


“Don’t even think of leaving…I will find you,” he whispered. “Guaranteed.”


Sara and her mom have a plan to finally escape Sara’s abusive father. But when her mom doesn’t show up as expected, Sara’s terrified. Her father says that she’s on a business trip, but Sara knows he’s lying. Her mom is missing—and her dad had something to do with it. 


Each day that passes, Sara’s more on edge. Her friends know that something’s wrong, but she won’t endanger anyone else with her secret. And with her dad growing increasingly violent, Sara must figure out what happened to her mom before it’s too late… for them both.

See the trailer here.
Order WHAT SHE LEFT BEHIND here.



ABOUT TRACY:

You can find Tracy at her website.
And on Twitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment