Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday Five -- Facts about Me and Books

1.  The first book I ever read alone was THE CAT IN THE HAT.  I was six.  Until then, I was determined never to learn to read because it made my older sister boring.  But the day I read that book, I cancelled a playdate so I could read it again.

2.  My favorite book in junior high was STAR WARS.

3.  My favorite book in high school was A FAREWELL TO ARMS.  I thought Hemingway was a god.

4.  I spent five years in and after college reading nothing but travelogues and South American literature.

5.  The most amazing books I’ve read in the past three years are THE EVOLUTION OF CALPURNIA TATE by Jacqueline Kelly, WOLF HALL by Hilary Mantel and BETWEEN SHADES OF GRAY by Ruta Sepetys.

1 comment:

  1. Huzzah for Calpurnia Tate! And I'm still scared of the tear-fest that will happen if I read BETWEEN SHADES OF GRAY. If my husband knew I was even thinking about reading it, he'd ban it from the house...he knows how I get. Combine pretty writing with a tragic premise and I am a mess.

    ReplyDelete