Monday, December 12, 2011

A Cure for the Monday Blues


How many of you out there get the Monday blues?  Back to work, back to school, back to whatever…Even if you love your job or your classes, getting back to the same old thing can be a bit tiresome.

Since I started writing full-time, I look forward to most Mondays.  I say most because that statement needs a qualifier.  I look forward to having a few moments alone.  I look forward to getting back to the life that happens in my head and in the pages.  Mostly.  There are weeks – when I’m in the throes of writer’s block, or when I have a week ahead that is full of volunteer opportunities that seemed fun when I volunteered…

This week, I definitely have something to look forward to.  My revision letter for Book 2.  I’m a little nervous (amend that – I’m a lot nervous) but also thrilled to find out what my editor thinks.  And as much as it terrifies me, I’m looking forward to digging back in – in part because I was in the throes of writer’s block with Book 3.

There are other things to look forward to today:

You can still enter the GILT giveaway over at the YAMuses blog!

And tonight, at 9 p.m. EST, I will be hosting my first ever Twitter chat – the Apocalypsies will be talking about world-building and we’ll be giving away prizes donated by Veronica Rossi (author of UNDER THE NEVER SKY) and Megan Miranda (author of FRACTURE).  Come by Twitter and check out the hashtag #2012debuts.  You won’t regret it!

How’s that for a cure to the Monday blues?

1 comment:

  1. It's a great cure! When I saw the title of this post I thought, "I don't get the Monday blues," because like you, I'm writing while my kid is at school, and I look forward to the quiet time. In fact, after a busy weekend, I NEED Monday.

    ReplyDelete